With the increasing use of the internet, online threats are also increasing hand in hand. Visiting an unknown, malicious or dangerous website is one of the common reasons behind threats attacking the device and data. To keep you and your device protected, Webroot SecureAnywhere comes up with “Webroot Filtering Extension”. This extension can be added to your internet browsers to protect your device when you are online. These extensions are available for Webroot SecureAnywhere subscribers only.
While you search for any website or data, Webroot Filtering Extension displays the symbols next to search results. This will tell you how safe or unsafe a website is. Webroot extensions does a proper study of the website and stops you from going to the sites that may affect your device. Webroot Filtering extensions come with Anti-phishing shields. These shields block the websites that tries to trick you and ask you to fill in your personal information. Webroot Filtering Extension identifies and blocks dangerous websites to provide you with ultimate protection.
This extension also stops you by showing you the warning messages. You can click “Get me out of here” in order to protect your device from malicious websites and links. In case you want to know more about that website, then you can choose “Tell me more about it” option. This will display additional information about the classification of the website and will help you to decide your next step. Afterwards, either you can move to the website if you feel it is safe or you can also write a review for it
Enabling Webroot Filtering Extension
With too many online threats and data-stealing cases, it is recommended to ensure your safety while surfing the internet with the Webroot Filtering Extension. For adding and enabling your extension, you have to follow the below-given procedure carefully.
Adding The Extension:
- Firstly, open the Webroot SecureAnywhere application.
- Now, from the main window of the application, locate and click “Advanced Settings”. You will get this option on the upper right corner of your screen.
- Next, select the “Web Shield” option.
- Thereafter, click the checkbox near “Activating Browser Extensions”.
- If prompted, enter the requested captcha for further security.
- Further, click “Continue”.
- Now, close your Webroot window.
This completes the Adding of Webroot Filtering Extension to your Chrome. To further utilize the features of this extension, you have to enable it. For enabling, follow the given steps.
Enabling The Extension:
- Open your Google Chrome.
- Now, you have to click the “Customize and Control Google Chrome” option. You will get this option in the form of three dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- Subsequently, a list of options will appear. Select the “More Tools” option from the list.
- After that, from the expansion list, select “Extensions”.
- In the next window, locate for Webroot add-ons.
- Make sure that these add-ons are enabled. If not then select the Webroot Filtering Extension to enable it.
- After enabling, restart the Google Chrome.
Subsequently, you will be able to see Webroot Filtering Extension on your Google Chrome window. Now, you can use this extension and experience a safe and secure web surfing.